Fellow curly and Celebrity Hair & Makeup Artist, @gemflossi, spills the tea on her #metime rituals!
1. What is your full name - yes Mildred we want the middle one! ;-)
Gemma Louise Wheatcroft
2. What is your day job? - now tell us what your dream job would be?!
Celebrity Hair and Makeup Artist. Also my dream job! #winning
3. What time do you set your alarm & what's the first thing you do?
Varies daily! Depends where I’m shooting and the call time. It’s been as early as 3.30am before!! First thing I do is hit the snooze button! I’m a two snooze kinda girl!
4. If we were BFFs for the day and went everywhere together what would we do?
If it was a day off, we’d spend it in my home town Worthing, I like being home! First we’d take the dogs on the beach at low tide for a long walk. Then grab some brunch in the dome cafe. You get a proper tea set and a tea strainer. Then we’d go to the Connaught cinema and watch whatever’s playing. They only play three films a day it’s a gorgeous original 30s theatre style cinema. Then we’d go upstairs to the bar and grab a cocktail. Dinner at the crab shack (I love seafood) then take a bottle of good red and a bar of green and blacks back to mine and play soul records with candles on.
5. How do you carve out some #metime in your week and what do you enjoy doing most?
I always get some me time in! It’s so important. And part of self love! It might be a long soak in the bath with a hair mask on. I might get my nails done. I could sit in a cafe with a coffee and a pastry with my head phones in and listen to my playlist and just zone out! I love to get massages as my job takes it toll on my back. However, the smallest things are sometimes the best like finding the sunny spot on the train and bathing in the light and warmth with my eyes closed.
6. What's your favourite life quote?
"If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else." Ru Paul!
7. If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
You’re beautiful, unique and talented. Don’t ever doubt yourself.
8. What would you cook or order for your last supper?
Lobster mac and cheese!
9. Where is your happy place?
Cuddled up with my dogs.
10. Now for the juicy one - what do very few people know about you?!
I love to put music on at home alone and dance like I’m in the music video!